Galveston and Texas History Center
REPRODUCTION POLICY FOR MATERIALS
1. The Galveston and Texas History Center may reproduce materials from its collections in photographic form. These materials may include original photographs, maps, books, manuscripts, and artifacts. However, the Library reserves the right to deny reproduction requests due to the condition of the original material and/or to avoid copyright infringement.
2. Researchers may not photograph any original materials belonging to the Rosenberg Library without permission.
3. The Rosenberg Library will charge a reproduction fee of $10 per image plus tax. Additional fees may apply. Pre-payment is required. We accept payment by check or money order made payable to Rosenberg Library.
4. The Rosenberg Library may grant permission for a one-time, non-exclusive use of the duplicated materials for publication, exhibit, film/video productions, graphic arts, or other display purposes, when the proposed use is specified and the image is suitably presented. The Head of Special Collections will make the ultimate decision to allow the image to be used.
5. Reproduction charges do not constitute sale of the image and the Rosenberg Library retains all existing rights to materials on file. The researcher will contact the Library for permission to use the image in the event the reproduction is to be used more than once.
6. Reproductions may not be sold, given, transferred or copied for another person, company or organization for its use. Any second party use requires the Library's permission.
7. Reproductions from the Rosenberg Library will be credited with the standard credit line:
Courtesy of “[Name of Collection],” Rosenberg Library, Galveston, Texas
This credit line is to appear alongside the reproduction. If a publication or film/video production uses five or more images, the credit line may appear at the end.
8. Any person, company or organization not abiding by the Rosenberg Library's reproduction policies, including failure to give proper credit, will be denied further reproduction privileges.
9. The Rosenberg Library is not responsible for any illegal or improper use of its materials, including infringement of copyright law.
10. A complete copy of any publication or video production using reproduced materials from the Rosenberg Library must be given, without charge, to the Library for its collection.
11. Once the order is taken to the photographic lab, it cannot be changed or cancelled. The researcher is responsible for all charges once the work on the photo order begins.
ROSENBERG LIBRARY PHOTO DUPLICATION PRICE LIST
(Effective 14 December 2005)
5x7 print $ 15.02 each 8x10 print $ 18.71 each 11x14 print $ 20.15 each 10x20 print $ 28.75 each 13x19 print $ 34.50 each 16x20 print $ 40.25 each
Standard Scan $10 per image + tax
Scans are produced on CD. $ 5.75 per CD
Shipping fees (in most cases) $ 5.00. Additional fees may apply.
Delivery via FTP is free.
Regular turn around for photo orders is approximately 1-2 weeks.
Policy and price list revised and approved by the Rosenberg Library's Board of Directors.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Galveston and Texas History Center, Rosenberg Library, 2310 Sealy Avenue, Galveston TX 77550
Voice (409) 763-8854 ext. 127 | Fax (409) 763-0275
GTHC WebTeam GTHC, Rosenberg Library.