Galveston and Texas History Center
Many of the materials in the Galveston and Texas History Center are unique and fragile. The purpose of the following regulations and guidelines is to preserve our historically valuable materials for future generations.
1. All researchers must register at front desk and provide valid photo identification.
2. All purses, briefcases, notebooks, notepads, clipboards, folders, binders, library books and other personal items must be stored in the lockers provided. With the approval of GTHC staff, up to three pages of personal notes may be kept out for reference.
3. Pencils and notepaper will be provided. The use of ink is prohibited.
4. Food, beverages, chewing gum and tobacco are prohibited in the Reading Room.
5. Cell phones must be silenced and placed in locker.
6. Cameras, scanners, and any other video or audio equipment are not permitted.
7. Personal computers are permitted; cases must be stored in locker.
8. History Center materials may not be checked out or removed from the Reading Room.
9. A call slip must be completed for each item requested.
10. Please handle materials with great care.
11. Photocopies can only be made by History Center staff.
Galveston and Texas History Center, Rosenberg Library, 2310 Sealy Avenue, Galveston TX 77550
Voice (409) 763-8854 ext. 127 | Fax (409) 763-0275
GTHC WebTeam GTHC, Rosenberg Library.